This session we will be focusing on excellence and in preparation for the upcoming Twin Cities tournament held on March 24, 2018 at Shakopee High School.
1. Register for the tournament here >> All details may be found on ATA's website.
2. Material for this session. We will be reviewing the some of the same material we presented last session, only focusing on quality of technique (starting position and ending position), focus, and excellence in demonstrating a positive attitude.
- Beginners (White - Yellow): Songham 3, second half, one-step #2: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
Karate Kids & Adults
- Beginners (White - Yellow): Songham 3, both one steps CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
- Intermediate (Camo - Purple): Choong Jung 1 (goal: entire form) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
- Advanced (Blue - Red): Choong Jung 1 (entire form) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
3. TABATA TEST
The structure of the program is simple:
• Work hard for 20 seconds
• Rest for 10 seconds
• Complete 8 rounds (record lowest score from each round). Tiny tigers train only 4 rounds.
Push yourself as hard as you can for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds. This is one set. You'll complete eight sets of each exercise.
- Alternating front kicks, belt level target (4 minutes)
- Rest 1 min
- Clapping jumping jacks, hands must clap above head and then legs (4 minutes)
- Rest 1 min
- Alternating lunges (4 minutes)
Start with Front kicks. Perform them for 20 seconds at a high-intensity. Rest for 10 seconds, then go back to doing front kicks for 20 seconds. Once you complete eight sets of front kicks, rest for one minute. Write down the number of your lowest score.
Next, move on to clapping jumping jacks and repeat the sequence of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Once you finish eight sets of jumping jacks, rest for one minute, and then finish the workout with alternating lunges squats.
Score will be combined LOWEST score from each of the three movements.
4. SUMMER CAMP. Mark your calendars for the very first summer camp offered by Lakes Martial Arts!
Dates & time: August 20 - 24 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m at the Pershing Recreation Center in Minneapolis.
Check back here soon for registration link.
Testing April 18, 2018 at the Pershing Recreation Center at 6:00 p.m. ALL STUDENTS WILL TEST AT THIS TIME.