Lots packed into this blog post!
1. NEW YEARS WORDS.
Instead of setting "New Year's Resolutions," respect yourself and think up one or two words to focus on for the year. Try it and you may surprise yourself.
3. BULLY PREVENTION SEMINAR
Bully Prevention Seminar held Saturday, January 27 from noon - 2pm at Pershing Rec Center. Free. Ages 6 - 13 (or with instructors permission).
4. MATERIAL FOR THIS SESSION
- Beginners (White - Yellow): Songham 3, first half, one-step #1: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
Karate Kids & Adults
- Beginners (White - Yellow): Songham 3, both one steps CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
- Intermediate (Camo - Purple): Choong Jung 1 (1st half, moves 1- 22) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
- Advanced (Blue - Red): Choong Jung 1 (entire form) CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD PDF.
5. TABATA TEST
The structure of the program is simple:
• Work hard for 20 seconds
• Rest for 10 seconds
• Complete 8 rounds (record lowest score from each round)
Push yourself as hard as you can for 20 seconds and rest for 10 seconds. This is one set. You'll complete eight sets of each exercise.
- Push-ups, chest to ground (4 minutes)
- Rest 1 min
- Butterfly sit-ups, hands must touch toes then floor behind head (4 minutes)
- Rest 1 min
- Air Squats (4 minutes)
Start with push-ups. Perform them for 20 seconds at a high-intensity. Rest for 10 seconds, then go back to doing push-ups for 20 seconds. Once you complete eight sets of push-ups, rest for one minute. Write down the number of your lowest score.
Next, move on to butterfly sit-ups and repeat the sequence of 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Once you finish eight sets of sit-ups, rest for one minute, and then finish the workout with air squats.
Score will be combined LOWEST score from each of the three movements.
Testing Feb 7, 2018 at Pershing Rec Center at 6:00 p.m. ALL STUDENTS WILL TEST AT THIS TIME.