Welcome to the Fall 2016 session!
We kicked off our first class this week with over 30 new students this session! I am excited about the growth and enthusiasm at Lakes Martial Arts and foresee great potential during our 4th season!
This session we will be talking about confidence and attitude as part of our life skills program. Please help us reinforce these ideas during practicing at home... remember the three pine trees on our patch represents the triangle of learning between the parent(s), student, and Instructor.
What is confidence?
• Confidence is the feeling you can do something and believe in yourself no matter what.
• Self-confidence gives you the ability to finish what you started.
What does it look like?
• Good eye contact, firm hand shake, high/strong/fast kick & hand techniques, loud yell, willingness to participate, demonstrate, answer questions.
What is it for?
• To have good relations with others, to defend against criticism, to stay positive through hard times, and to make your family proud.
During week 3 we will be testing for our first stripe.
***Basic Material required to test for basic stripe***
- Beginners - Songahm 1 Form HERE Tiny Tigers do first half of form (moves 1-9) and one-step #1.
Stances: Front Stance, Middle Stance
Blocks: High Block, Low Block, Inner Forearm block
Strikes: Punch, Knife Hand Strike
Kicks: Front Kick, Side Kick
- Intermediates - Choong Jung 2 1st Half
Blocks: Concentration Knife Hand Square Block, Double Inner Forearm Block
Strikes: Upset Punch, Palm Heel Strike, Horizontal Back Elbow Strike, Long Ridge Hand Strike
Kicks: Hook Kick, Reverse Hook Kick, Jump Round kick
- Advanced (all of the above plus the following) - Choong Jung 2 Entire Form
Blocks: Low X block, Knife-hand high X block