Martial Arts rank promotions (testing) are a wonderful way to demonstrate leadership for students. After all, leadership is a life skills which goes beyond martial arts training.... it makes world-class people!
In the Spirit of Songham, I offer nine ways to show leadership skills at testing:
- Arrive early. On-time is late.
- Greet others. Smile. Everyone is nervous (even parents). By introducing yourself, you help ease even your own anxiety. Making a new friend is the best way to build a happy community, too!
- Be warmed up and ready to go before testing. Arrive prepared with all necessary gear, including a filled waterbottle.
- Be ready to jump on the floor at any time. Guest judges often need student leadership to encourage others to do their best. You never know when you can earn an extra leadership stripe!
- DO your best. Don't just try.
- Be a good example to others. Juniors will look at how you sit, stand, and behave. They will look up to follow you. Be sure you set a good example.
- Answer Up. If you hear your name called, be sure to give a clear response.
- Help others with sparring gear after you are ready. Especially with students new to sparring.
- Say "Thank you." It never goes out of style and shows you care! Thank your judges, parents, board holders, sparring partners, and instructor. An Attitude of Gratitude is a quality of a black belt!
How can you tell which level is a leader in Lakes Martial Arts? Just look at their uniform!
Interested in joining our Leadership Team?
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE! Contact Mr. Kern to sign up.